Yahoo Search Busca da Web

Resultado da Busca

  1. Broadstairs and St Peter's is a civil parish in the Thanet district of Kent, England. The parish comprises the settlements of Broadstairs, St Peter's and Westwood, including Westwood Cross. It is a successor parish, created in 1974 to replace Broadstairs and St Peter's Urban District.

    • St Peter's, Kent

      St Peter's is an area of Broadstairs, a town on the Isle of...

  2. en.wikipedia.org › wiki › BroadstairsBroadstairs - Wikipedia

    Broadstairs is a coastal town on the Isle of Thanet in the Thanet district of east Kent, England, about 80 miles (130 km) east of London. It is part of the civil parish of Broadstairs and St Peter's, which includes St Peter's, and had a population in 2011 of about 25,000.

  3. Broadstairs and St Peter's Urban District and the Isle of Thanet Rural District covered the rest of the island from 1894 until 1974. By 1974, however, all these boroughs and districts had been abolished, and since that year the Isle of Thanet has formed the major part of the District of Thanet .

  4. Broadstairs and Saint Peter’s, parish (town), Thanet district, administrative and historic county of Kent, southeastern England. The parish lies east of Canterbury, on the east coast of the Isle of Thanet. Hengist and Horsa, brothers who were legendary leaders of the first Anglo-Saxons in Britain,

    • The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica
  5. In the event, the move to Devon had one alarming result. At 4am on 23 January 1945, while occupied by some 70 St Peter's schoolboys and staff, Shobrooke House caught fire and was almost completely destroyed, with the death of two of the boys. After the end of the war, the school returned to Broadstairs and was able to continue for many more years.

  6. Broadstairs was the fishing hamlet associated with the inland village of St Peter's established around the parish church which was built circa 1080 A.D. St Peter's was the original settlement and had a proud history long before Broadstairs grew up next door and became the larger town. St Peter’s came within the jurisdiction of the Cinque ...